The Young Dementia Network aims to bring about change for people affected by young onset dementia. As our Network grows we’ll use this page to promote our achievements and the impact we’ve had.
In preparing to launch the Network, our Steering Group members have
- Worked with the Memory Service National Accreditation Scheme to make sure their latest standards include the specific needs of younger people with dementia. Click here to read more
- Created a set of recommendations about how services should meet the needs of younger people and their families. Read more here.
- Been working with the Dementia Action Alliance on their upcoming call to action on post-diagnostic support, helping them to include younger people with dementia.
- Presented at Young Dementia 2016, a conference held in Birmingham on 27 September 2016.
- Contributed to the Dementia Programme Board which is oversees the implementation of the Government’s dementia strategy. Our Steering Group members who sit on this board ensure that the voices of younger people with dementia and their family members are heard.
- In 2017, we launched a decision-making guide for GPs to help them recognise the symptoms of dementia in younger people. Find out more here.
- Created an online young onset dementia research area, which you can view here
- Launched a Memory Service and Diagnostic Clinic Leaflet to inform individuals, newly diagnosed with young onset dementia, of which organisations could offer information and support. You can download the leaflet here