The Young Dementia Network aims to influence policy and encourage better young onset services across the UK.
What are our priorities?
- We have written a set of recommendations detailing how younger people with dementia and their families can be well supported. Our aim is for them to be adopted across the UK.
- To encourage the development of research and evidence about young onset dementia so we can better understand how many people are affected and what works best to support them.
- To create and contribute towards resources and information about young onset dementia.
- To improve understanding of young onset dementia amongst health and social care professionals, families affected by young onset dementia and the general public.
These priorities have been identified by people affected by young onset dementia.
How will we address these priorities?
- We will present our recommendations in a variety of ways to ensure that they are accessible for all.
- We will be developing resources through out the year for people affected by young onset dementia and professionals.
- We will be focussing pieces of work within memory services to increase awareness and use resources, that we create, to increase understanding for the general public.