The Young Dementia Network aims to influence policy and encourage better young onset services across the UK.
What are our priorities in 2019?
- We have written a set of recommendations detailing how younger people with dementia and their families can be well supported. Our aim is for them to be adopted across the UK.
- To encourage the development of research and evidence about young onset dementia so we can better understand how many people are affected and what works best to support them.
- To create and contribute towards resources and information about young onset dementia.
- To improve understanding of young onset dementia amongst health and social care professionals, families affected by young onset dementia and the general public.
These priorities have been identified by people affected by young onset dementia.
How will we address these priorities?
1. We will present our recommendations in a variety of ways to ensure that they are accessible for all.
2. We will facilitate a Research Event in June 2019 to develop 3 topics, that were identified by Young Dementia Network members, as being the most important.
3. We will be developing resources through out the year for people affected by young onset dementia and professionals.
4. We will be focussing pieces of work within memory services to increase awareness and use resources, that we create, to increase understanding for the general public.