We know first hand about the impact of dementia on younger people and their families and how isolating it can be.
We believe that everyone affected should be well informed, feel connected to others and enabled to live life to the full.
So we are creating a Network. A community that includes people living with young onset dementia, their family and friends, as well as organisations and professionals who work in the fields of dementia and social care.
What will it do?
- Provide opportunities for members to share experience, knowledge and to learn from each other.
Encourage improved young onset services across the UK and influence and inform national and local policies.
Joining our Network is free of charge and whilst there is no obligation to participate in our activities and events, there will be lots of opportunities for you to get involved if you wish.
Joining will give you
- Access to young onset dementia information, guidance and tools
- Regular newsletters including young onset specific information, events and research
- Events around the UK and online
- Opportunities to raise awareness of young onset dementia.
The Young Dementia Network is guided by a collaborative group and managed by YoungDementia UK. Further details, including the individuals and organisations involved, can be found here.